Monday 16 January 2012

#travellingreddress - the phenomenon

We all need to feel fabulous now and then, and the #travellingred dress idea (where red ball gowns get passed from woman to woman, friend to stranger, to provide a brief shebang of glamour) gives wearers a healthy dose of fab, as well as giving donors good karma.

Here's an article about how one woman in Texas inspired other women to spread happiness around for all of us.  Bloggess, we love you!

I know, I know, this has only a little to do with chickens (Google Bloggess and Beyonce and see what comes up!), but a lot to do with women empowering each other using social media.  It also shares a lot with the 'pay it forward' idea, which I know can seem a bit hackneyed these days, but I'm a great believer in, particularly in a 'mothering other mothers' context.


Sounds like a recipe for success to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment